Friday, June 12, 2009

The Full Catastrophe

Well, well, well. Here I am. Back on the road again.

I am in Athens. I have been here since early Thursday morning. Yesterday was one of those difficult and wasted days trying to find my feet and figure things out. But I got pretty sorted now. I'm just a little jet lagged which meant that I couldn't get up in time to see the Acropolis early. So I ended up going in the worst heat of the day with all the other people in the Universe. But, luckily, that didn't take away from the magic and beauty of it. It really was fantastic. So was the Temple of the Olympian Zeus. I really wish I had brushed up on my Ancient Greek history, because I am remembering only little tid-bits of it.

Yesterday I went to the National Archeoligical Museum, which was pricey, but worth it. I spent nearly two hours looking at statues, pots, urn, mummies, jewlery and other things that people had found. It was really fantastic.

I've just noticed I have tzadziki on my hand. Also I am very sleepy.

Goodnight ladies! We're going to leave you now.

1 comment:

Ghidrah said...

I should stop reading this blog. Every update just makes me more and more envious of your life and the things in it.